Registration: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-844-7900
The Legal 411: Operating a Company - Presented by Holland & Hart attorneys
Launching and growing your business is an exciting if not daunting adventure. There are several legal issues to navigate — from forming your business and managing employment matters to helping to protect you and your customers’ data. Join attorneys from Holland & Hart for a three-part virtual workshop series where you will learn critical legal considerations for running your business. Basic Business on August 5th: Lauren Prew Fouser and Craig Dammeier
· Entity Selection and Formation: Why you need an entity before you start doing business and which entity will best suit your company’s needs
· Business Protocols: Guidelines to follow when you’re acting on behalf of your business
· Start-Up Legal Documents: What you need, where to find it and why you should have legal documents sooner than later
· Avoiding Legal Pitfalls: Simple tips for early-stage companies to avoid costly legal mistakes
· Cybersecurity on August 12th: Claire Rosston
· Why: An overview of applicable laws and risks for compliance failures
· What: Steps to strengthen your company’s information security program
· When: Events that trigger data privacy and security compliance work
· Employment Law on August 19th: Dean Bennett, Tara Martens Miller, Alex Grande
· Employee vs. Independent Contractor: The differences between the two types of service providers and how to engage both on behalf of the company
· Fostering Talent: The impact of non-competes and other restrictive covenants
· Culture: Creating an inclusive culture and workplace environment
- · Date: Wednesday August 5, August 12, and August 19 (register for any or all sessions)
- · Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- · Cost: Complimentary -but you must register to reserve a space.
- · Place: Virtual session using Skype technology
- · Registration: Email email@example.com or call 801-844-7900
- · Skype Link: We will email the link to access the virtual session once you register.
The workshop, “The Legal 411: Operating a Company”, is offered for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal or other professional advice. Consult with an attorney or other professional concerning your own needs and circumstances. The views and opinions expressed by the speaker are not necessarily those of Zions Bank®, its parent or affiliates. Zions Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A.,Member FDIC.